Effective Date: November 2022
BrightPlan LLC, its subsidiaries, and its affiliates (collectively, “BrightPlan”, “Firm”, “we,” “our” or “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy rights of its employees and customers. This Privacy Notice provides information regarding the personal data we collect, how we manage personal data, and the rights of our employees and customers. This Privacy Notice applies to the personal data governed under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), United Kingdom (UK) GDPR, and as well as other privacy regulations and laws applicable to our business.
III. CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
- First & Last Names
- Job Titles
- Birth Dates
- Home Addresses
- Email Addresses (Personal & Business)
- Phone Numbers (Personal & Business)
- Government-Issued Identifications (Passport, Driver’s License, etc.)
- Social Security Numbers
- Employer Identification Number
- Tax Identification Number
- Tax Returns or Forms
- Financial Account Numbers
- Credit or Debit Payment Card Numbers
- Compensation & Benefits Data
- Workers Compensation Claim Data
- Medical Data
- Education Data
- Dependent or Beneficiary Data
- Usernames & Passwords
- IP Addresses
- Cookie or other Analytical Data from our Website
- Any other personal data that you may disclose to us
IV. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
PERSONAL DATA RECEIVED FROM YOU
You may provide BrightPlan with your personal data by filling out forms that we request from you; sending us documents; through our website; through our hosted online portals; or through our correspondence with you via mail, email, phone, or otherwise.
PERSONAL DATA RECEIVED FROM THIRD-PARTY SOURCES
BrightPlan may collect your personal data from other sources such as, but not limited to, publicly available databases, credit bureaus, banks, know-your-client checking agencies, background checking agencies, healthcare or insurance providers, payroll providers, third-party hosted online portals, or our website.
V. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING
BrightPlan must have one of the following legal bases to process your personal data:
- Consent: the data subjects have given consent to process their personal data for one or more specific purposes
- Contract: processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract
- Legal Obligation: processing is necessary for compliance with BrightPlan’s legal obligation
- Legitimate Interest: processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by BrightPlan or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child
- Vital Interest: processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person
- Public Interest: processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in BrightPlan
Where consent is required, BrightPlan will request your consent in a manner that is consistent with applicable privacy laws or regulations, such as the GDPR or UK GDPR. Your consent will be required prior to the processing of your personal data and your consent can be withdrawn at any time by sending us an email request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only process your personal data for the purpose it was originally collected for or for another reason that relates to the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation on how another reason can relate to the original purpose, please contact us at email@example.com.
If we need to process your personal data for a new purpose, we will notify you prior to processing your personal data for the new purpose and explain the legal basis that allows us to do so. If consent is required to process your personal data for a new purpose, we will contact you to obtain your consent prior to processing your personal data.
VI. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH OTHERS
Privacy is an integral part of our organization and we will never sell any of your personal data to third parties. We may share your personal data with third parties for the below stated purposes. We may generate or extract anonymized and aggregated data out of any databases containing your personal data and we may make use of any such anonymized and aggregated data for our purposes as we see fit.
We may share your personal data to authorized service providers for customer relationship management, risk management, IT, data backup, payroll, insurance, tax, accounting, audit, legal, background checking, secretarial, or other related purposes.
We require all service providers to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with their legal or regulatory requirements. We only permit our service providers to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. We maintain an updated list of all third parties that process your data and can provide it to you upon request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SALE OF BUSINESS
We may share your personal data to a third party in the event of any contemplated or actual reorganization; merger; sale; joint venture; assignment; transfer; or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stocks.
We may share your personal data as we deem necessary or as appropriate under applicable laws; to respond to requests from public, governmental, and regulatory authorities; to comply with court orders, litigation procedures, and other legal processes; to obtain legal remedies or limit our damages; to protect the operations of our group entities; and to protect the rights, safety, or property of our employees, you, or others.
VII. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
BrightPlan has implemented appropriate cross-border transfer solutions to protect your personal data when it is transferred outside of the UK or European Union (EU). Transfers may be necessary to perform the services you have engaged us for or consented to when engaging with us.
Your personal data may be transferred outside the UK or EU only where one of the following safeguards are in effect:
- Transfers to countries which have been deemed to have an adequate level of protection by the applicable authorities, or
- Transfers pursuant to standard contractual clauses or binding corporate rules
Please contact us at email@example.com to request further information on the specific mechanisms used by BrightPlan when transferring your personal data out of the UK or EU.
VIII. SECURING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
BrightPlan has technical, administrative, and physical safeguards in place to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the Firm’s security practices and procedures.
IX. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfill our services to you, and pursuant to applicable regulatory obligations. After such time, BrightPlan will delete such personal data.
X. COOKIES & SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal data that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies. A persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date. A session cookie will expire at the end of the user session when the web browser is closed.
COOKIES THAT WE USE
- Authentication: to identify you when you visit our website and as you navigate our website
- Status: to help us to determine if you are logged into our website
- Personalization: to store information about your preferences and to personalize the website for you
- Security: to protect user accounts, including preventing fraudulent use of login credentials, and to protect our website and services generally
- Advertising: to help us to display advertisements that will be relevant to you
- Analysis: to help us to analyze the use and performance of our website and services
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. Disabling all cookies may have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you disable cookies, you may not be able to use all the features on our website. For information on how to disable cookies, please visit the Help section of your web browser.
XI. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES & SERVICES
This Privacy Notice does not apply to the websites of our service providers, subcontractors, or any other third parties, even if their websites are linked to our website. We have no control over third-party websites, and your use of third-party websites and features are subject to privacy policies posted on those websites. We are not responsible or liable for the privacy or business practices of any third-party websites that are linked to our website. We encourage you to read the privacy policies located on each third party’s website.
XII. AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING
BrightPlan may utilize automated decision making and profiling techniques to process personal data and BrightPlan shall obtain explicit consent for such processing. Data subjects may have the right to obtain from BrightPlan, on request, a copy of all personal data, which the data subject has provided to BrightPlan where the processing is carried out by automated means.
XIII. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
BrightPlan does not collect, process, or store the personal data of children under the age of sixteen (16), unless a parent or guardian has provided the appropriate consent. If you are a parent who consents to the collection of personal data of your child, you agree that your child may use all our services and that we may collect and use your child's personal data consistent with this Privacy Notice.
XIV. YOUR RIGHTS & REQUESTS
Under applicable privacy laws or regulations, you may have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access your personal data or request information regarding your personal data
- Right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data
- Right to object to processing of your personal data for any purpose
- Right to request correction of your personal data
- Right to restrict processing your personal data
- Right to request transfer of your personal data
- Right to request erasure of your personal data
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
- Right to data portability/receive the personal data that you provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and have the right to transmit such data to another controller without hindrance from us
You may choose to receive or not receive marketing communications from BrightPlan by:
- Contacting us at email@example.com, or
- Replying to any marketing email communication you receive from us and requesting to be unsubscribed from future marketing email communications
We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practical and as required by law. If you have questions regarding your communication preferences or our marketing activities, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
If you would like to request information about our processing activities with respect to your personal data or would like to exercise your rights, as described in the Rights section, you may contact us email@example.com. BrightPlan does not charge for this service. For your protection, we will need to verify your identity prior to complying with your request.
BrightPlan will make a good faith effort to provide you with the requested information without undue delay, but no later than required by law. BrightPlan reserves the right to limit or deny access to the requested information where providing such information would be unreasonably burdensome or expensive, or as otherwise permitted under relevant laws or regulations. If BrightPlan determines that the requested information cannot be provided in any particular instance, BrightPlan will provide the requestor with an explanation for why the information cannot be provided.
XV. AMENDMENTS TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
BrightPlan reserves the right to makes changes to this Privacy Notice, where deemed necessary, or permitted under law or regulation. If there are any material changes in our privacy practices, or changes in applicable privacy laws or regulations, we will revise this Privacy Notice to reflect such changes. To the extent practical, we will provide advance notice of any changes, however, we may be unable to do so if the revisions are in response to legal or regulatory changes or guidance.
XVI. HOW YOU CAN ACCESS THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice is accessible through:
- Our website
- Upon request at firstname.lastname@example.org
XVII. CONTACT US
Toll Free Number: (country code)(US1)-855-539-0007